Sweet Chile Pineapple Fish
Sent in by Linda Burger
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
1 8 oz can crushed pineapple
4 fish fillets 1= lb)
= cup water
3 Tbl. pineapple preserves
< cup + 2 tsp. low salt teriyaki sauce
3Tbl Asian sweet chile sauce
1. Preheat large saut pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes.
2. Coat both sides of fish with cooking spray, then add fish to pan.
3. Cook 4 minutes on the first side. Turn fish and cover; cook 4 more minutes.
4. Whisk together < cup teriyaki sauce, pineapple, and water. (Temperature of fish should be about 1250F.)
5. Pour sauce over fish, then cover; cook 2 more minutes to develop flavor.
6. Stir together pineapple preserves, chile sauce, and remaining 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce,
7. Spoon sauce evenly over fish, then cover and turn heat off; let fish stand 1-2 minutes or until 1450F (or fish separates easily).
8. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.