Stono Market & Ambrose Family Farm
842 Main Road, Johns Island, SC 29455 843-559-9999
Stono Market-a real farmer's market near Charleston, SC. We carry the organically grown produce we grow on our Farm as well as a full line of other fruits and veggies year 'round. We have a country/garden gift shop and the best little Lunch Cafe in Charleston-Tomato Shed Cafe-withing our walls. We are quite unique, quaint, and friendly.
On our farm, Ambrose Family Farm on Wadmalaw Island, we grow strawberries, tomatoes, butter beans, okra, sweet corn, peas, squash, zucchini, onions, collards, potatoes, melons, bedding plants... you get the picture...and we do it naturally and as organically as practical. We field pack our produce to reduce damage from handling and to reduce harvest costs. We deliver the harvest to our Stono Market and local fresh fruit and vegetable venders DAILY. Our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program grows each week. If you want Fresh and Local, we are the farmer to look to!
That's what we all want-right?
We are shrimpers too! We have our own shrimp trawler docked at our home. When you come to us for shrimp, you get the freshest preservative free shrimp in the Charleston, SC area GUARANTEED.
The Tomato Shed Cafe -our little "Inside the Market Cafe"- is where we cook it all for YOU:
Meals to Go
- Take and Bake at Home
- Bag Lunch for Visiting Groups
You're a busy person with a busy family to feed. It's important to feed them a meal that's tasty and good-for-you, and do it QUICKLY. We live with the same concern so we keep in mind that we are not only feeding your family, we are feeding our's too.
Jams, Jellies, Preserves, Spreads, Syrups, Honey, Relishes, Marinades, Salad Dressings, Salsa, Chutney,-again, you get the picture.
- Stono Market
- at Stono Farm Market we provide you with a full array of fresh veggies and fruits. You can pick up anything that we have growing on the farm as well as other produce that we ship in when it's not in
- Take and Bake
- Take and Bake at home specialty foods, vegetables, fruits, casseroles, pimiento cheese, and many other products available at Stono Farm Market, Johns Island, near Charleston, SC
- The Stono Market's bakery offers a great selection of fresh baked breads, pies and cookies.
- Online Store
- This is where you can order products that we carry in our store. Everything you will need to prepare your farm fresh vegetables from Abrose Farm. Salad spinners, knives, olive oil, and Who's Your Fa
- Ambrose Family Farm CSA offering shares for April thru mid-July season in Charleston's newest farming concept
- Ambrose Family Farm CSA
- Ambrose Family Farm CSA information
- Use this form to register as a member for Ambrose Family Farm CSA
- CSA Premium Box
- You can now order your Ambrose Farm CSA share as a premium box which means that you get to pick several items each week to fit your family's specific needs.
- Member Log-in
- CSA Members Log-in link
- What's in you box this week
- A list of what vegetables are in your box this week
- recipes from Ambrose Family Farm CSA Members
- Farm & CSA Blog
- CSA members talk about and learn how to and what is at ambrose family farm and the stono market.
- About Us
- About Us, Our Farm and our farming practices
- Ambrose Family Farm
- Ambrose Family Farm is a You-Pick Farm near Charleston SC on Wadmalaw Island. We grow strawberries, potatoes, sweet green peas, sweet onions, squash, and zucchini for you picking April-May
- Farmer Pete
- Farmer Pete Ambrose has been growing in the lowcountry for over 30 years. His Ambrose Farm CSA has allowed him to continue farming and provide local, fresh, organic produce to the community...
- The Dirty Scoop on Ambrose Farm
- Find out what's happening on Ambrose Farm. See first hand what Farmer Pete and Farmer Sam are doing to keep fresh, orgainically grown food on your table.
- Vegetable Facts
- vegetable facts on many of our crops grown on Ambrose farm including recipes, nutritonal information and storage and handling techniques
- Bulk Sales
- You can find a list of vegetables and fruits that are available for bulk sales.
- Farm Pictures And Video
- farm pictures and video from Ambrose family farm. Tomato grafting, squash, cabbage, vegetable fields and our csa members picnic
- Ambrose Farm Summer Riding Camp
- Ambrose Farm is offering a summer riding camp in June & July of 2013.
- Blanching Vegetables for Freezing
- Blanching vegetables before freezing keeps them crisp and tender. It preserves the texture, color, and flavor as well. Blanching actually slows or stops the action of enzymes in the vegetable.
- Craft Shows and other special events at Stono Farm Market
- Business Partners, Clients, and Customers
- Some of our favorite business partners, clients, and customers
- Swiss Chard
- Swiss Chard nutritional facts and information about storage and handling.
Find Information About Our CSA
Sign Up NOW
What's for Lunch Today at the Tomato Shed Cafe?
Current CSA Members Login Here
Find out What's In Your CSA Box This Week