Roasted Root Veggie Medley
From Lynne Hinkey
You will need:
Turnips (3-6, depending on size)
Sweet potatoes (3-6, depending on size)
Beets (3-6, depending on size
Olive oil (1-3 tbsp)
Garlic (to taste)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Optional: carrots, radishes, yucca, white potatoes, any other root vegetables.
Preheat oven to 375.
1. Wash, peel, and dice 2-3 of each vegetable.
2. Place in a large mixing bowl and add just enough olive oil to coat.
3. Stir in garlic, salt, and pepper (to taste).
4. Spread vegetables evenly in the bottom of a roasting pan.
5. Roast for about 45 minutes (until tender when stabbed with a fork).
My favorite combination is with turnips, sweet potatoes, and beets, but it works equally well with other combinations, including carrots, white potatoes, yucca, and radishes.