Stono Market & Tomato Shed Cafe
Stono Market & Ambrose Family Farm
842 Main Road, Johns Island, SC 29455 843-559-9999
Store Hours: Monday - Friday 9am to 6pm - Saturday 9am to 5pm
LUNCH Monday - Saturday 11am to 2:30pm
Stono Market-a real farmer's market near Charleston, SC. We carry the organically grown produce we grow on our Farm as well as a full line of other fruits and veggies year 'round. We have a country/garden gift shop and the best little Lunch Cafe in Charleston-Tomato Shed Cafe-withing our walls. We are quite unique, quaint, and friendly. Ambrose Family Farm
2349 Black Pond Lane, Wadmalaw Island, SC 29487
(GPS, use Selkirk Plantation Rd.-not Black Pond Lane)
Monday-Saturday 10am to 5pm
**U-Pick Hours posted during the season**
On our farm, Ambrose Family Farm on Wadmalaw Island, we grow strawberries, tomatoes, butter beans, okra, sweet corn, peas, squash, zucchini, onions, collards, potatoes, melons, bedding plants... you get the picture...and we do it naturally and as organically as practical. We field pack our produce to reduce damage from handling and to reduce harvest costs. We deliver the harvest to our Stono Market and local fresh fruit and vegetable venders DAILY. Our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program grows each week. If you want Fresh and Local, we are the farmer to look to!
That's what we all want-right?
We are shrimpers too! We have our own shrimp trawler docked at our home. When you come to us for shrimp, you get the freshest preservative free shrimp in the Charleston, SC area GUARANTEED.
The Tomato Shed Cafe -our little "Inside the Market Cafe"- is where we cook it all for YOU:
Meals to Go
- Take and Bake at Home
- Bag Lunch for Visiting Groups
You're a busy person with a busy family to feed. It's important to feed them a meal that's tasty and good-for-you, and do it QUICKLY. We live with the same concern so we keep in mind that we are not only feeding your family, we are feeding our's too.
Jams, Jellies, Preserves, Spreads, Syrups, Honey, Relishes, Marinades, Salad Dressings, Salsa, Chutney,-again, you get the picture.
- Stono Market
- at Stono Farm Market we provide you with a full array of fresh veggies and fruits. You can pick up anything that we have growing on the farm as well as other produce that we ship in when it's not in
- Tomato Shed Cafe Menu
- Tomato Shed Cafe Menu
- Take and Bake
- Take and Bake at home specialty foods, vegetables, fruits, casseroles, pimiento cheese, and many other products available at Stono Farm Market, Johns Island, near Charleston, SC
- The Stono Market's bakery offers a great selection of fresh baked breads, pies and cookies.
- Ambrose Family Farm CSA
- Ambrose, Family, Farm, CSA, charleston
- Use this form to register as a member for Ambrose Family Farm CSA
- CSA Premium Box
- You can now order your Ambrose Farm CSA share as a premium box which means that you get to pick several items each week to fit your family's specific needs.
- Member Log-in
- CSA Members Log-in link
- What's in your share this week
- A list of vegetables being harvested this week and may be included in your share
- About Us
- About Us, Our Farm and our farming practices
- Ambrose Family Farm
- Ambrose Family Farm is a You-Pick Farm near Charleston SC on Wadmalaw Island. We grow strawberries, potatoes, sweet green peas, sweet onions, squash, and zucchini for you picking April-May
- Farmer Pete
- Farmer Pete Ambrose has been growing in the lowcountry for over 30 years. His Ambrose Farm CSA has allowed him to continue farming and provide local, fresh, organic produce to the community...
- The Dirty Scoop on Ambrose Farm
- Find out what's happening on Ambrose Farm. See first hand what Farmer Pete and Farmer Sam are doing to keep fresh, orgainically grown food on your table.
- Vegetable Facts
- vegetable facts on many of our crops grown on Ambrose farm including recipes, nutritonal information and storage and handling techniques
- Farm & CSA Blog
- CSA members talk about and learn how to and what is at ambrose family farm and the stono market.
- More Farming Information
- More Farming Facts
Find Information About Our CSA
Sign Up NOW
What's for Lunch Today at the Tomato Shed Cafe?
Current CSA Members Login Here
Find out What's In Your CSA Box This Week